Chemfoam® - Integral Skin Foams
A range of self-skinning flexible polyurethane foam systems used in a variety of moulding applications requiring a cushioning, resilient, cellular internal structure surrounded by a tough, hard wearing outer skin. Commonly referred to as ISF materials.
These “two phase” components are moulded in one operation, using a single polyurethane system. Mould details are reproduced exactly in the outer skin, which has good resistance to water, heat and many chemicals.
- Production of automotive bumper over riders, steering wheels, dash & interior panels
- Furniture arm rests and padded components
- Soft feel waterproof spa bath head rests
- Waterproof seats and other components for the marine and pleasure craft industry
- Abrasion resistant, resilient safety restraints for theme park rides
- Vandal resistant seating in public transport
- “Self-Sealing” archery targets
- Designed for processing through low or high pressure plural component dispensing equipment
- Densities from 50 kg/m³ to 600 kg/m³
- Available in standard or fire retarded grades
- Excellent skin forming characteristics – 3mm skin thickness is possible
- High tear strength
- High foam flow properties, making these ISF systems suitable for the production of large or complex mouldings.
- High reactivity, fast cure and short demould times
- Formulated with the environment in mind
- zero ODP/zero GWP/zero VOC systems
- zero ODP/low GWP/zero VOC systems
- Can be moulded to low (150 kg/m³) density, resulting in a desirable “soft feel” moulded product. Can also be moulded to a more typical density (300 to 800 kg/m³) density by over-packing the mould.
- As with all of our products, systems can be specifically formulated to suit your requirements and process
For further information and Product Data, please contact us.